Fund our Mission
The American Cancer Society is working to finish the fight against every cancer in every community. Your donations help us do the most for people with cancer today and work tirelessly to find cures to end the disease tomorrow.
Our Local Impact
In 2019, the Baton Rouge Best Dressed Ball raised $595,895 towards local and national cancer efforts.
- $50,000 was donated to Nationwide General Research.
- $75,000 was donated to the Patrick F. Taylor Hope Lodge in New Orleans, Louisiana giving patients a free place to stay while undergoing treatment.
- $95,000 was donated to fund a patient navigation program at CareSouth in Baton Rouge to help guide patients through their diagnosis.
- $247,500 was donated to our Access to Care Program giving patients the opportunity to have access to lodging and transportation during treatment.
- $83,000 was raised for Louisiana's free wig program.
- $45,575 was donated to the overall efforts of the American Cancer Society.